About this Assignment
Effective organizational communication is a primary tool for creating and sustaining a competitive advantage in organizations of all types, sizes, and stages of development. In this course you learned about the importance of organizational communication, a variety of key theories surrounding organizational communication, some of the different roles it can play and the forces that benefit or hinder effective communication. In a 2500-3000 word paper, please identify an organization, either real or fictitious, and analyze it in terms of organizational communication.
Imagine that you are a manager of a real or fictitious small to medium sized business where you have middle managers who report to you.
Select one of the following scenarios:
• A business where the company has experienced rapid growth and is struggling to manage an expanded workforce.
• A business where the company is facing closure due to a variety of uncontrollable factors.
• A business where the company has decided to reorganize in order to better address market forces.
• A business where there is increased competition and is losing business and/or employees
With this framework in mind, in your paper analyze the scenario you have chosen and address all of the following:
• Explain the methods and types of organizational communication that you should use to communicate with your managers and employees for the scenario you have chosen.
• Provide a rationale for your communication choices based on theories of organizational communication.
• Analyze the different roles that organizational communication will play in your chosen scenario.
• Describe the relationship between your organizational culture and the communication choices you have made.
• Evaluate the forces that are barriers to or will hinder effective communication.
• Analyze how your communication choices will facilitate trust and team building within the organization.
• Analyze how your communication choices will facilitate trust with external stakeholders such as customers and the media.
You may refer to the course material for supporting evidence but you must also use at least three credible, outside sources and cite them using APA format. Please include a mix of both primary and secondary sources, with at least one source from a scholarly peer-reviewed journal